Monday, July 14, 2008

Back from Alaska

Thing 1 lost her first tooth today. A lot of her friends have had teeth out, but even though she’s the oldest in her class, this is her first tooth. She’s kind of excited, she keeps going into the bathroom to look in the mirror.

We just got back yesterday from the Alaska cruise. It was wonderful. Very few complaints… I kept a journal and took pictures and videos, I expect it won’t turn out to be as much media in retrospect as I thought. I always end up wishing I had more pictures. I bought a new video camera just before we left, and absolutely loved it. It fit in a pocket inside my purse, and I was able to pop it out whenever I wanted.
Maybe someday I'll translate some pictures and the journal into an entry here. Right now... Nope.

I am feeling tired and a little crabby. I got a cold from Jeff on the cruise, and I think I ran myself down trying to pretend I wasn’t sick, and now I’m feeling wrung out. I have a sinus headache, and really just want to take a nap. Instead I’ve got laundry and other catching up to do. The house was relatively in order when we left, but it doesn’t take us long to mess it up again. The kids have spent the better part of the day in front of the TV. My “one hour a day” rule went out the window today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! YES, YOU!