Wednesday, September 15, 2010

August 2003

Here's a babe-e-mail from when Thing 2 was born.

Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2003 10:28 AM
Subject: Announcing!

Hello!

I am WAY behind in my baby pictures! The month of
July has been really busy.
First some of Hubby's relatives were in town for a
couple of days and we had a really nice time with
them. I have photos, but that will have to wait.
Then, we had my family's reunion for a week, this is
the once every three years event. Again those photos
will have to wait.
Because
The next week after the relatives all left, we had a
baby!

Thing 2 was born at 3:33 pm. She
weighed in at a respectable 7.3 and was 19 1/2 inches
long. We had a really hard time with the name, just
like we did with Thing 1.
First me and Thing 2...

Then Papa and Thing 2.

Thing 2 is a little blondie, and is a great sleeper
(except for that 11 pm to 1 am stretch of fussiness I
haven't worked out yet) and is gaining weight like a
little trooper, after an initial bout of jaundice.
This was taken in the hospital, a matter of hours after she was born.

As you can see in the last photo, this new baby business
has taken Thing 1 completely by surprise. She is not
quite sure how to deal with this new little thing.
She tries to give her toys, but the baby pointedly
ignores them.

We'll probably be sending out a few snail mail
announcements and more pictures, but I wanted to send
out some announcement sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! YES, YOU!