Sunday, January 20, 2008

Post Christmas wrap up

Christmas was wonderful. And a long ways away now. One of the things I wanted to write down before I forgot about it was about a little teapot set from IKEA that Zoe got, a very Japanese little ceramic tea pot with little matching mugs which came on a bamboo tray. It was just so darling. It has rested securely in its shrink wrapped plastic until yesterday, when I noticed it and opened it for her. We had a brief tea party, I showed her the very Japanese gesture of pouring the tea with one hand while holding the lid on the pot with the other, and it was so cute. Then I left her to play while Thing 1 drew, Hubby took a nap, and I cleaned up the kitchen. About ten minutes later there is horrible crash… Zoe had taken the teapot into the bathroom to ‘clean it’ and was trying to dry it out on the towel that hangs from the cabinet handle, and dropped it onto the tile floor. It broke into way too many pieces to glue back together. She cried, but I think I felt worse that I shouldn’t have given it to her so young. She played with it less than an hour.

Hubby bought me a new camera, which I really did need but hardly thought we could afford. It’s a 12 mp Canon, which is exactly what I’d have chosen for myself if money was no object… He also bought me a Roomba which I’ve really liked, and again, we can’t afford. I have it to vacuum the upstairs every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings, and it is such a wonderful feeling to go up there and see it so clean.

The girls got Nintendo DS games from Santa. Thing 1 got the Zelda game she wanted so bad, but it is kind of hard for her to play since she can’t read, and I can’t help her because the screen is so small I can’t really see what she’s doing. Not like the TV version where I can sit there and tell her want to do because I’ve played it all before. Zoe got Nintendogs, and we ended up buying a copy of that game for Thing 1 so they could each play it at the same time with their own dogs, and they don’t have to know how to read to do it.

I didn’t really do as much for Hubby as I should, but I did get him a really nice watch I had a coupon for at Costco, and a bunch of little things, some of which are kind of for the house, some of which are really for him. He is so hard to shop for.

He left this morning for New York, despite having a 104 temperature this morning. We’ve stocked him up on Echinacea and this Emergen”C” powder, but he’s been battling this cold since sometime Friday, I think. Poor boy, but he just couldn’t think of any way around going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! YES, YOU!