Saturday, January 26, 2008

Finally finished

The kitchen is basically done. And, I have to say I sure love it. There ended up some more drama than I originally predicted when the fridge came and was damaged. There was what looked to me like a kind of minor gouge on the side… but the delivery guy was saying “you paid A LOT for that fridge, you want it perfect.” The guy running the gas line was here at the time, and he was suggesting I bargain with them for $500 off and take it anyway. The next day the guy who I called to talk about redelivery suggested they might have taken $100 off… well for $100 I want a NEW fridge!!! The new fridge came Saturday, but not Saturday morning, we were their last delivery on Saturday and it didn’t come until 4:45. Of course they didn’t let us know that, they didn’t communicate with us at all except when I called periodically to ask where the heck they were. But when they did come they were very careful not to ding up the house, or the new fridge, and it took till about 6:30 to get it in and installed. They had to go through the back door because we couldn’t get the swinging door into the kitchen unhooked. I spent an hour on it Saturday, trying to dismantle it with no success.

But that’s all part of the past now. The new fridge does hold less, but I can see everything in it as opposed to the dark mysterious cave that was the old fridge. I spent the rest of the Martin Luther King holiday weekend rearranging the kitchen and cleaning up, and it is wonderful. For the first time in…well, probably since we’ve moved in, the kitchen looks straight and clean and has for a week.

The girls are doing great. Thing 1 said something I found rather funny, she was telling me why she had a band-aid on her finger from school. She very casually told me she got “a random paper cut.” I laughed. But the later when I was trying to explain why that was funny, I realized her usage of the word “random” was completely appropriate, just completely not what I would have expected a first grader to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! YES, YOU!