Wednesday, February 13, 2013

California or Bust

Hubby's in Budapest.
Before that it was London.
Before that it was Paris.
Before that it was Stockholm.  Where he left three shirts (DANG!), one of which he said was his favorite that I gave him for Christmas.  I don't know which one it is, I don't know if we'll ever see it or its friends again.

He comes home tomorrow. (Snoopy dance!)
The next day we leave for California, our (nearly) annual trip to stay with my parents in the condo they rent on the beach.  For a WHOLE WEEK!  A week of sun and beach and Disney and whatever else we want to do and no snow!

I expect fabulous things from this vacation.  And yes, it always delivers!
I believe that the day after we get back from this vacation Hubby leaves for India, New Zealand... and I don't know where else.
It'll be a nasty stretch.

Thing 1 is nearly done with wearing the splint on her broken arm.  Her arm seems completely better, and we are so happy she picked the splint instead of the cast as she has started taking it off briefly when it completely annoys her.  This means she doesn't completely annoy the rest of us.

I still haven't sent out my Christmas letter.  I have actually written one, I was just trying to get some cute photos to go in it...  I was planning on doing a Valentine's letter, but can see that's not going to happen.

Last week was the book fair, I only volunteered for one shift a day, but seemed to have somehow lost more than the two hours a day I spent at the school.  And it would seem I caught a nasty bug there - Friday morning I started coming down with something that had me flat on my back miserable all day Saturday and Sunday, barely seeing the light on Monday.  Tuesday was marginally better, and today I can at least function, though I still sound like I swallowed a frog.  And on top of all the catching up I need to do, there's the class Valentine's party I need to put on tomorrow, and the kids valentines that we have to do tonight, and riding lessons and art lessons and packing and getting everything ready to go, and getting the dog to the kennel, and the guinea pigs to the friend's.  We ought to be all packed up by Thursday night because my goal is to pick the kids up from school just after noon on Friday and keep on going!
I rarely meet my goals.
But that doesn't stop me from making them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! YES, YOU!