Friday, June 6, 2008

School's out for summer

We were in the car the other day and someone pulled up next to us with some antenna decorations on. I’ve seen plenty of foamy black balls with Mickey Mouse ears, but this one also had a white Mouse glove under that, a pair of red Mickey Mouse shorts under that, and the yellow Mickey Mouse shoes under that, all in a row on the antenna. I told Thing 1 to look out her window to see it and she said, “It’s a Mickey Mouse-ka-bob!”

She had her last day of Kindergarten yesterday, and I’m not sure she’s ready for 1st Grade.

This is Thing 1 with her Kindergarten teacher, sitting on the lap of the aide. It was a wonderful environment, I really liked both the teacher and the aide.



We made the mistake of telling her she’d be going for the full day next year, and she naturally thought that meant from breakfast until bedtime. While it’s not QUITE that long, it still seems like a long time to me and I’m really going to miss my girl. Thing 2 starts Kindergarten in the fall, and I think she’s going to love it. She already knows the teacher, and the room… and I’m really going to enjoy taking the two of them to the same school instead of traipsing up to the university on the odd days.

They had the end of year carnival at the elementary school yesterday and it was wonderful. We thought they might get rained out, but it turned out gorgeous, long sleeve weather, but still very nice. The girls had a great time, and I really enjoyed another chat with the playground moms.




This has been the nicest little group of people who stand outside Mrs. McDonald’s class after it’s over and chat. We are all planning on getting together this summer, and I would be perfectly happy to continue this but I’m afraid everyone will get busy with 1st grade stuff and we just won’t have the time to stand and chat for an hour after school like we do now. Too bad, this has been one of the highlights of my life. And I’m not sure it will be the same in Thing 2’s class. There was just the nicest group of moms in Thing 1’s classmates.

The final party for Thing 2’s preschool was today, and it was nice too, though certainly quieter than the major event that was the elementary school party. Every event, though, Thing 2 informs me was The Best Day of Her Life…

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! YES, YOU!