Saturday, October 14, 2006

Shopping

The girls and I went to the store after I picked them up from school yesterday. I had ordered a little bodum teapot to be sent in from another store and wanted to pick it, and some other things up from a kitchen store. The girls were pretty good but with all sorts of glass dishes, pots, cups, and all sorts of stuff around I was pretty nervous, hovering around them while trying to get my stuff done. I must be quite a nag saying “look with your eyes, not with your hands!” all the time and trying to get them to come along with me. Of course what they want to look at and what I want to look at are not the same things. Finally as I was getting ready to check out Thing 2 was really involved with some ceramic pumpkins and skeletons on display and when I said “Thing 2, be careful!” and she said loudly “But mommy! I want to look with my hands!” There were a couple of little ladies at the counter who cracked up and talked about it until they left. They kept telling me how cute she is and how they like to look with their hands too.

On the way from that store to the next one, Thing 1 started telling me about horses. How a girl horse finds a boy horse that she really loves and the two of them get married. Then they make a little baby horse that is smaller than the mommy and daddy horse. I don’t know where this fascination with marriage and babies came from. Right now they’re in the other room and Thing 1 is singing a song about getting married and growing a baby in her heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! YES, YOU!